Thursday, January 8, 2009

Media Room Seats

As you know, I haven't been blogging much lately, but I'm going to try my best to get back at it. I just had to share our luck. We received these wonderful old theater seats for our school media room. Free, yes, free. (If you're not familiar with Freecycle, look it up) . These are something we had hoped we would come across at a bargain price, but this was a wonderful surprise. There was no electricity when we picked them up, so these are the best pictures we have for now. And we want to thank Mark and his wife Stephanie, for putting these on Freecycle. No on could appreciate them any more than we do. Aren't they great!
This wonderful 2100 SF room used to be the library/study hall/ auditorium for the oldest part of the school, which was built in 1915.
The area below was the stage, but has since been closed in. Our plan is to open it back up and use old theater curtains. The other side will be a small media room, for just a few people.
The rest of these pictures just show you the rest of the room.
This area will have several different functions, media room, game room, etc.
We also received several more theater seats, different from these, and a wonderful BIG throne. Those pictures are on Ben's phone and I haven't gotten them off yet. I'll post them when I do.

No comments: